14 April 2013

Little Gifts.....




A couple of days ago, I received two beautiful gifts, one in the mail and one was left at the front door. My dear friend Angela, who I call Poo, I don't even know how I came up with that name, she doesn't just randomly poop, we don't sit around and talk about poop....I think maybe if she reads this post, she can be of some help. Angela is a kind, caring and beautiful friend who has a lot of experience with special needs. She sent me a book called, Expecting Adam. I haven't started reading it yet as I have been just exhausted at night and crashing when I get into bed, well after I think about all that needs to get done...things that I don't need to stress about but that I do. I am so lame sometimes.

Today's List: If I write this down, I will get it done!!

1) Take Brinley's 13 month picture with her giant bear. We are a week late.
2) Clear out clothes that don't fit her anymore. Princess Brinley now wears size 2. :)
3) Scrapbook her first birthday.
4) Dust
5) Nap

Back to the gifts......

The next gift was a beautiful leather bracelet from a super cool store out here in High River called Pixie Hollow. It is filled with beautiful and well made...well, everything. My friend Sundi, who has hooked Brinley up with pretty much her whole entire wardrobe, left this very thoughtful gift at the front door. The bracelet reads:

The greatest thing she learned is that there is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.
 
So beautiful!!



 
 
I wonder if I keep writing this blog, I will be sent gifts from Tiffany or maybe Porshe. I also wonder if I will stop drinking Tim Horton's and move onto Starbucks. I think this blog has endless possibilities for me...I am getting so excited!! It seems as though the 60 dollars I have spent on lottery tickets in the past 3 weeks is a waste of my time and money as I have won a total of 4 dollars. If you are any good at math, I have lost 56 dollars. Is it really worth it? People in really, super small towns don't win money.  :) I think I just went from optimistic to feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to think positive and rely on others to provide me with gifts and maybe even money. :)
 
 
Onto Baby Bean. She has been moving quite a bit lately which sometimes gives me the heebie jeebies. I know that some women love to feel the baby kick and swim, I like to know that she is doing well, but sometimes the thought of a living being inside of me, I find a little bizarre. I asked my OB one day if I was the only weird one out there who felt this way. She laughed and reassured me that it was normal. I have to be honest, I think she just said that to make me feel better or she just wanted to wrap up the appointment with the crazy pregnant lady and move on. :) 
 
 
I continue to connect with moms and was recently invited to attend a workshop/luncheon for parents who have a child with Down Syndrome. I was pretty pumped at the start, then I thought about it and realized that I am not quite ready for that yet. I think I need to wait until Baby Bean is in my arms. I will have what I need to have ready, but the group gatherings will have to wait for a little while.
 
Have a wonderful and beautiful day. <3
 
 

Brinley's insanely long eyelashes!


 

2 comments :

  1. As Always my gift to you is my Awesomeness
    xoxox
    it may not be Tiffany's... ;)

    ReplyDelete