20 September 2013

Going Home and Remission.....



Where does the time go?

First of all, I would like to thank all of those who are giving Mrs. DeWitt a helping hand. I really appreciate your generosity. When I get all the gifts and gift cards, I will deliver them to the school. Please include a little note. If you still want to get Mrs. DeWitt a gift card, please let me know. :)

Second, I was recently a guest blogger on another blogging site. Please feel free to check out Laurie's blog, but don't forget about me. :)

http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.ca/

Sweet Brinley :)

We have decided to move back home this weekend. Our house is not finished, but we do have drywall. Servpro is there right now getting our two upper levels all cleaned and disinfected. I spent two hours the other night bleaching and sanitizing the girls' toys. That was a lot of work but I want them to go home to a very clean and healthy home. The lower level is all blocked off so there is no concern about Brinley going into the basement and giving the absent workers a hand. ;)
We are very excited to be getting back into the house, it's been three months.....a flood and a new baby. I am good on excitement now, no more needed. We are unable to get our stuff back home because our basement and the garage are the only real storage areas in the house, so our belongings will remain at my parent's house and at Ange and Bob's house. Bob said that it needs to go before the snow flies....that could be soon as the mountains now have snow and south of us also has some snow. I don't want to skip over fall, I love fall. It's my fave season.

I wanted to share a post from a new friend. This melted my heart.

Every trip out of the house with Daelyn is a blessing, but our recent trip to Sobeys made me tear up with pride.

We were standing in line for the bathroom and there was a lady waiting in line
too. At first glance I was aware that she had a visual impairment. Daelyn shouted "HI" in her usual way and then instantly ran her hand down the woman's arm and tucked her tiny hand into the woman's. Then as they engaged in conversation Daelyn reached her arms around and hugged her tight. Then, the woman's friend came out of the washroom...she was in the middle of chemo treatments for a rare cancer (I found out as we were visiting) and looked terribly ill. Daelyn pranced up to her and asked the lady to lean down close....and then Daelyn gave her a kiss on the cheek. She leaned her body close and snuggled in, cautiously in case the friend didn't accept the love. The friend's eyes welled up with private tears. We wished them well and continued on...

Daelyn may be seen in our society as a child with special needs, but in a sense I would say she is gifted...she doesn't ever see the "labels" that are put on people...she has an amazing sense about people and always seems to know what THEIR special need is...I cannot ever stop thanking God for our incredible little girl.
------------------------
In a quote from Dana's comments -"This little girl has beaten all the odds, and appreciates and expects so little. Even a hello to her can make her whole day....she's just an amazing kid!!

I can't imagine how different life would have been 6 years ago when they said I was infertile and I actually was not able to conceive. Thankfully God is in charge and our lives have changed forever."


Bob
 
Ange, Bob, Danika and Ryder
 
I'm shaving Bob's head - Chemo had just started
 
Bob and his mommy
 
Bob and Danika
 
Brinley's message on her stroller
 
 
Our dear friend Dana who lost her mom to cancer
 
 
For the past few years, our family and friends participate in the Light the Night Walk. My brother in law was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2010. It was a very emotional roller coaster ride for the whole family. My sister is dedicated to helping find a cure for blood cancers. I know that cancer has touched us all in some form or another. CANCER SUCKS!!

Sponsor a walker or help make a donation to help end blood cancers! Light the Night 2013 is on October 5th, 2013 down at Eau Claire in Calgary. We are excited to walk and celebrate Bob's remission and to remember those who passed. Please join us, or help by making  a donation today. Thanks so much.
 http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1751973&langPref=en-CA

**You may have noticed the Top Mommy Blog badge on my page. Feel free to click on it. One click counts as one vote. You can vote once every 24 hours. Just a click! :)
 
If you want to rank my blog or leave a comment.....I am in the Newest Blogs section but will be eventually be in the Special Needs section. I am not doing this for my ego, I am doing this because this journey is important to me, it is important to share and to hopefully educate, entertain and show others that it can be done. I've said for a while now that these two girls, with the help of family and friends, will change the world! :)

 Have an amazing Friday. xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment