It's almost World Down Syndrome Day!
On March 21st, we will celebrate differences, we will celebrate being unique, we will celebrate all abilities and our wonderfully made children.
21 reasons why I love my daughter and how she has made our world a more beautiful place.
1) Her infectious laugh.
2) Her beauty; inside and out.
3) Her gentle ways.
4) How she has inspired others to do good.
5) How she has impacted so many lives in her short 19 months on earth.
6) Her ambition and drive.
7) The way she makes others feel. She is full of light and love and the world sees and feels it.
8) The joy and happiness that she brings to her family and friends.
9) Her brains.
10) She has taught us to not judge others, but to listen and learn about their journey.
11) She wakes up smiling and this has set the tone for how the day begins. It's beautiful.
12) She has shown us how to love. How to love the right way, deep and with raw emotion.
13) She has taught her family that we don't always need to be in a rush, but that we should enjoy the moment.
14) I love that Adele, since day one, has pushed her family to be better people.
15) Her love for her sister. It's a love like no other.
16) I love Adele because she naps. I love napping children.
17) Adele has inspired me to give back to the Down syndrome community.
18) She appreciates snuggles and I love to snuggle.
19) She has brought the most amazing people into my life. I wonder how I've made it this far without knowing some of these amazing women and men.
20) She dances. It makes me smile. It makes me laugh. It brings me so much joy.
21) Adele has this way about her that makes my world a perfect place. She grew inside of me for 35 weeks. I worried. I cried. I didn't know how to raise a child with Down syndrome. When I met Adele for the first time, I was overwhelmed with emotion. What I soon came to realize; she is not Down syndrome. She is my child. She is my heart. All I see is her love for life. It's a beautiful life.
“When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”